Hello, BBEdheads.

When I edit shell files, BBEdit for the most part knows they are shell
files and does the proper syntax highlighting.

But not for:

   - .bashrc
   - .bash_profile
   - .zshrc
   - etc.

I've tried attaching custom suffixes .bashrc, .bash_profile and .zshrc to
"Unix Shell Scripts" in Language Preferences, but that has not helped.
Apparently files that are ONLY a suffix are not considered to have that
suffix.

Anyone had any luck getting these files to colorize properly?

I'm running v12.6.6 on macOS 10.14.6.

-Br.Bill

feature request or need technical support, please email
Follow @bbedit on Twitter: <https://twitter.com/bbedit>