Hi,
I updated my VERY OLD favicon by using https://realfavicongenerator.net/.

My code is:

<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="180x180" href="apple-touch-icon.png">
<link rel="icon" type="image/png" sizes="32x32" href="favicon-32x32.png">
<link rel="icon" type="image/png" sizes="16x16" href="favicon-16x16.png">
<link rel="manifest" href="site.webmanifest">
<link rel="mask-icon" href="safari-pinned-tab.svg" color="#5bbad5">

Of course I'm getting errors in BBEdit. Darn. I don't want to have to
ignore them. Any suggestions on a workaround? The errors are:

~/Sites/mjblue/mjwebsite.html:15: Value of attribute “rel” for element
“<link>” may be invalid; expected to see one of {“acquaintance, alternate,
appendix, archives, author, canonical, chapter, child, co-resident,
co-worker, colleague, contact, contents, copyright, crush, date, first,
friend, glossary, help, home, icon, index, kin, last, license, me, met,
muse, neighbor, next, parent, pingback, prefetch, prev, previous, search,
section, sibling, sidebar, spouse, start, stylesheet, subsection,
sweetheart, tag, toc, transformation, up, apple-*”}.
~/Sites/mjblue/mjwebsite.html:16: Value of attribute “rel” for element
“<link>” may be invalid; expected to see one of {“acquaintance, alternate,
appendix, archives, author, canonical, chapter, child, co-resident,
co-worker, colleague, contact, contents, copyright, crush, date, first,
friend, glossary, help, home, icon, index, kin, last, license, me, met,
muse, neighbor, next, parent, pingback, prefetch, prev, previous, search,
section, sibling, sidebar, spouse, start, stylesheet, subsection,
sweetheart, tag, toc, transformation, up, apple-*”}.
~/Sites/mjblue/mjwebsite.html:16: Document type doesn't permit attribute
“color” within element “<link>”.
~/Sites/mjblue/mjwebsite.html:17: Value of attribute “name” for element
“<meta>” may be invalid; expected to see one of {“application-name, author,
description, generator, keywords, robots, viewport, apple-*”}.
~/Sites/mjblue/mjwebsite.html:18: Value of attribute “name” for element
“<meta>” may be invalid; expected to see one of {“application-name, author,
description, generator, keywords, robots, viewport, apple-*”}.

Thanks,
Cindy

feature request or need technical support, please email
Follow @bbedit on Twitter: <https://twitter.com/bbedit>