Is your goal to open a LaTeX file in BBEdit and select “Preview in BBEdit” to see the PDF document generated by pdflatex?

Thanks.
-sam

On 24 Jan 2020, at 10:55, Christopher Finazzo wrote:

Still no luck.

As I mentioned before, the Makefile is darn close to UNIX 101: A default rule which calls pdtlatex on the input file via redirection. I realize my request is closer to something that Preview.app should handle, but short of filing a bug w/ Apple - which has even less chance of being seen - this is the next best outlet. Furthermore, I suspect that Sam is correct in his assertion about BBEdit's preview not understanding TeX input, even if it is
contained in a shell script.

Maarten,

I think I remember coming across your scripts in the past but was unsure if they still worked on more modern versions of BBEdit, I'll give it a shot
and see how things go.

On Wednesday, January 22, 2020 at 4:52:29 PM UTC-5, Maarten Sneep wrote:

Hi,

On 2020-01-22, at 21:33, Sam Hathaway <list....@munkynet.org <javascript:>>
wrote:

But the bigger problem is: I don’t think BBEdit can accept PDF data from a preview filter. It wants HTML. It might be possible to embed the PDF output
in HTML, but I don’t know how to do that.

Personally I’d just use Skim to view the PDF output. It has an auto-reload
function.

Not only that, it also is pretty easy to set up synchronisation of the
cursor with your position in the preview, and the reverse: to go from
preview to source.

You may want to try these scripts: https://msneep.home.xs4all.nl/latex/

Kind regards,

Maarten

--
This is the BBEdit Talk public discussion group. If you have a feature request or need technical support, please email "supp...@barebones.com" rather than posting here. Follow @bbedit on Twitter: <https://twitter.com/bbedit>
---