Watts

I took a deeper look at this, I set my background to 2E3440, took a screen
snapshot, opened that up in Acorn and zoomed in as far as it would go, the
background is not flat, the pixels are not the same color so there is a texture
there.

I also get an issue if I set the background color to the current background
color using the droplet tool, the background color becomes lighter.

Not sure what is going on here, maybe someone from BB can chime in, or you
could file a bug report with them.

Cheers

François