On Feb 7, 2021, at 4:53 PM, Peace Keeper <maddi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
> as my source code is growing, it is sometimes difficult to find the line,
> where I started scrolling. I already use the split view to keep e.g. the
> block with variables of the source in scope, but I still need to scroll
> sometimes.
> Or any other suggestions ?

It sounds like what you want to do is to go sightseeing around your code, but
be able to easily return to where you started.

If you do your sightseeing with PageUp / PageDown / the scroll bar / the mouse
scroll wheel / etc., then the text cursor stays where you left it, so all you
need to do is to hit the left or right arrow key, which will move the cursor in
the line it is in and scroll the document to bring that line back into view.

If you actually want to do something that moves the text cursor somewhere else
in the document, and then return to where you were, try using the Set Jump
Point / Previous Jump Point / Next Jump Point commands from the Go menu (and of
course, if you end up using these much, you can always assign key commands to
them).

Regards,

        Neil Faiman

--
This is the BBEdit Talk public discussion group. If you have a feature request
or need technical support, please email "supp...@barebones.com" rather than