Hi Bill,

On 17 Mar 2021, at 16:12, Bill Kochman wrote:

… So my preferred approach would be to make a backup copy of that file, and then to replace the current file with it, whenever I face this problem of windows disappearing from the “Windows” palette due to an unanticipated system reboot.

So again I ask, does anyone know where that list of open BBEdit windows is stored?

Not that file, but isn’t your goal in effect what a BBEdit Project provides?

I have several work projects going, each with many files that I have to move among while working on that project. They’re often not all in the same folder, sometimes not even on the same disk.

So for each of my work projects, I create a BBEdit Project (File -> New -> Project…), and use the ‘+’ button lower left to add all the files and directories I need together for that one of my projects. They all show in the left sidebar, and the open ones have a little indicator, which highlights if there are unsaved changes in that file. Directories can be clicked closed when there are so many files that the sidebar has to be scrolled. (Some of my projects have hundreds of files.)

I’m fortunate to have a large monitor, so I have plenty of screen space for a wide BBEdit window with the sidebar showing the project files.

Opening the project is one click on the icon, or pick one line from Recent Files.

Zat get you what you want?

Thanks,

    - Bruce

_bruce__van_allen__santa_cruz__ca

--
This is the BBEdit Talk public discussion group. If you have a feature request or need
technical support, please email "supp...@barebones.com" rather than posting here.