Hi,

I can't seem to figure out a way to find and replace some numbers using
Grep. This is what I have.

*<loc>2.2</loc><loc2>2.2.93</loc2>*

I have many cases where there are 3 numbers separated by two periods
above with 2 numbers separated by 1 period wrapped in* <loc>*. I want to
find where there are only two numbers and delete that *<loc>* element. For
example I tried:

*<loc>[0-9]\.[0-9]</loc><loc2>[0-9]\.[0-9]\.[0-9]</loc2>*

But that seems to only only single digits and I can't replace values.
Example values in *<loc>* are:

*<loc>1.13.333</loc>*
*<loc>5.3.28</loc>*
*etc.*

The first number will be in the range of 1-5, the second will be 1-50, and
the third will be 1-2300 (those ranges aren't as important, just for the
number of digits to factor in). I imagine I could do all permutations of
what I have above with single digits, but it seems there's surely a better
way to find the <loc> elements containing only two numbers vs. three.

Any guidance would be appreciated! Maybe the Bbedit shortcut menu for grep
characters could add something like this?

Thanks!

Ron

--
This is the BBEdit Talk public discussion group. If you have a feature request
or need technical support, please email "supp...@barebones.com" rather than