> On Jan 06, 2022, at 15:32, David G Wagner <wagsworl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I made mods to your code. I was not as clear as I should have been on
> explanation desired results.

Hey David,

Using your input data sample my script exactly replicates your sample of
desired output data format...

Your code does not work on the posted input data sample.

So what in fact does the actual input data look like?  Verbatim?

--
Best Regards,
Chris

Data Sample Provided by David Wagner:

#Start#
1 In the beginning, God created the heavens and
Xxxxxxccx
#EndOfGen#
#Start#
1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished,
Xxxxxxxx
#EndOfGen#
#Start#
1 Now the serpent was more crafty than any other beast of the field that the
LORD God had made.
Xxxxxxx
#EndOfGen#

Result when Perl Text Filter by CCS is run:

#Start#
1 In the beginning, God created the heavens and
Xxxxxxccx
#EndOfGen#
#Start#
2 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished,
Xxxxxxxx
#EndOfGen#
#Start#
3 Now the serpent was more crafty than any other beast of the field that the
LORD God had made.
Xxxxxxx
#EndOfGen#

--
This is the BBEdit Talk public discussion group. If you have a feature request
or need technical support, please email "supp...@barebones.com" rather than