Thanks fgf, I didn't realize you could do this - and the fact that there's
a keyboard shortcut (which I can remember) makes it even better!

This means opening a file in a new window is effectively a two-step process:
 1. Double-click the file in Finder
 2. Press Opt-Cmd-O

Even though it's two steps rather than one, it feels fast to me because of
the keyboard shortcut.

So I'll use this for now - but if it starts to annoy me, then I'll try
Bruce's Automator script. Thanks again!

--
This is the BBEdit Talk public discussion group. If you have a feature request
or need technical support, please email "supp...@barebones.com" rather than