Hi,

I am using BCEL for program analysis on Java Bytecode. It works like a charm!
Thanks a lot for the great work and the amount of effort you invested.

I need BCEL to analyze Java 1.5 annotations. I figured from the mailing list that the version in the trunk supports that. And indeed, for me it works great: The code compiled and behaved pretty much like I had hoped it would!
Thanks again for the great work.

However, from my point of use, a slight reorganization of the class hierarchy would simplify the retrieval of annotations: I need to analyze Classes, Methods and Fields. Since they have the common base class AccessFlags, I could implement several analyses in a rather generic way, which I liked very much. However, annotation retrieval is not implemented on the level of AccessFlags, but only in the deriving classes themselves. As far as I understand it, method getAnnotationEntries() is implemented in all classes deriving from AccessFlags. Could this method be pulled up? (It would require a unification of AnnotationEntry and AnnotationEntryGen into a hierarchy. Would this be possible?)

I believe that this reorganization might simplify matters for many annotation-accessing tasks using BCEL.

Thanks a lot,
Best regards from Munich, Germany,
Elmar Juergens