I am running rev 991 on an iBook G4 (openfirmware id PowerBook6,5) and
Airport Extreme.  I can associate with the base station, but I obtain
TX timeouts after the driver has transmitted approximately 410
packets, where 410 is 80% of the number of DMA slots (512).

Upon further investigation, it appears that the function
handle_irq_transmit_status() is never called, and therefore the driver
never frees DMA slots in bcm43xx_dma_handle_xmitstatus().  Therefore,
the driver suspends when reaching suspend_mark in request_slot() and
never recovers.  This behavior seems consistent with the reports of
``occasional'' TX timeouts by other people on this mailing list.

I do observe bcm43xx_interrupt_handler() being invoked, but the
``reason'' variable never has the BCM43xx_IRQ_XMIT_STATUS set.

I would appreciate if other people could confirm whether
handle_irq_transmit_status() is called on their system, so that I can
try to further diagnose the problem.

Cheers,
Matteo Frigo