Hi,
   I just joined the list.  Recently, I upgraded to Fedora Core 6 from
Redhat 9.  My wireless card works fine on Redhat 9 after I went with
Linuxant drivers.
With Fedora Core 6, bcm43xx-fwcutter is available and performing the same
function as Linuxant was providing.  I was hoping this is an easy upgrade.
After 1 week, I still cannot get Core 6 to work with my wireless card.
Below is the message I get when I first try to use the original driver that
came with the notebook.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] r46482]# bcm43xx-fwcutter -w /lib/firmware bcmwl5.sys
Sorry, the input file is either wrong or not supported by bcm43xx-fwcutter.
This file has an unknown MD5sum 208a33d5a52040b5401d48b8e974f901.

This may be due to the driver version I have. This is pulled from the
bcmwl5.inf file.

DriverVer=07/09/2002, 3.08.27.0

I had tried other version of the firmware found in README.Fedora but none of
them works. Extracting the firmware works fine but it still cannot activate
the wireless card.

Has anyone got TrueMobile 1180 to run successfully on Core 6?  Thanks!

Will