Dan Williams wrote:

> Haha.  Ok.  NM should be smarter about this and convert channels
> returned by the driver into frequencies.  In the end, I prefer
> frequencies where at all possible, because channel numbers are _not_
> unique (unless you use the the tuple of [standard, band, channel] where
> standard is something like "802.11" or "802.16", band is "a" or "bg").

My current (but not yet accepted) patch for ieee80211 outputs both channel and
frequency as does the
"soon to be submitted" one for mac80211. I agree that frequency is unique;
however, I find it easier
to think in terms of channels. In addition, I only use the bg band and have no
confusion. If both
are listed, everyone should be happy.

Larry