On 01/10/2008 02:08 PM, Michael Buesch wrote:
> On Thursday 10 January 2008 18:50:54 Chuck Ebbert wrote:
>> Using Fedora 8 kernel 2.6.23.13-104 which was just updated
>> yesterday with 2.6.25-bound patches, the adapter still drops
>> every packet sent to it.
>
> No it does not. See your log below.
>
>> wlan0: authenticate with AP ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
>> wlan0: RX authentication from ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ (alg=0 transaction=2 status=0)
>> wlan0: authenticated
>> wlan0: associate with AP ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
>> wlan0: RX ReassocResp from ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ (capab=0x431 status=0 aid=178)
>> wlan0: associated
>> wlan0: CTS protection enabled (BSSID=ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ)
>> b43-phy0 debug: RX: Packet dropped
>> b43-phy0 debug: RX: Packet dropped
>> b43-phy0 debug: RX: Packet dropped
>> b43-phy0 debug: RX: Packet dropped
>
> It seems that it's unable to decrypt any packets.
> Which encryption are you using?

I was using the wrong wireless key, and also for some reason the rfkill
drivers weren't loading automatically. I had to turn the radio on and off
a few times after loading the rfkill drivers (was getting PHY transmit errors
at first) and then everything started working. Now the rfkill drivers are

But now after using the wireless network for a few minutes, signal strength
drops to zero.