On Tuesday 15 January 2008 20:15:38 Stefano Brivio wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 13:27:42 -0500
> Pavel Roskin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I have finally found some time and hardware to test it, but the tarball
> > is overwhelming at its 186M.  And the worst thing, the server
> > disconnected after 30M and appears to be down right now.  P.S. It's up,
> > ETA is 48 minutes.
> >
> > There were two files there.  I hope either is fine.  I'm trying to
> > download WRT150NV11_v1.51.3_ETSI.tgz
> >
> > Cannot we petition Linksys to put wl_ap.o outside the tarball?  Or maybe
> > Broadcom could do it?
>
> Good luck. ;) The only long-term lasting solution I see is to put more
> effort on an open firmware. The instruction set has been figured out, we
> just lack people and time there.

We already have a better file on an openwrt server that will be the
officially supported one soon.
I just have to create a new fwcutter tarball and link from linuxwireless.org
to it. I already added support for the file to fwcutter git.
See Stefano's comment below.

> > Do you know that the Subversion repository of fwcutter has no files at
> > all?  I mean svn://svn.berlios.de/bcm43xx/trunk
> >
> > Yes, I will try --unsupported, with version 009.
>
> fwcutter development now happens here:
> http://bu3sch.de/gitweb?p=b43-tools.git;a=summary

Yep, the berlios stuff is dropped completely, except the download
section for the fwcutter tarballs. But that may also change in future.
We will announce that on linuxwireless.org.

> Maybe we should add this along with git URLs on linuxwireless.org.

Please do it, if you feel so.

--
Greetings Michael.