On Saturday 09 February 2008 08:09:43 Hendrik Sattler wrote:
> This has the disadvantage that you have to load the driver to see that it
> fails, then unload it, boot a working kernel (if WLAN is the only connection
> method), download the right firmware, reboot the wanted kernel.

This is no disadvantage. This does _NOT_ replace reading the documentation.
Not at all. Basically, this is just for me when debugging. So that I immediatly
see which driver version people are using. So I don't have to waste time
over and over again to ask which version they use and blah blah, we know that.

> This would be shorter if this information can be presented in the output
> of 'modinfo /lib/modules/2.6.??/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/b43/b43.ko'

Yes, it can _additionally_ be put into modinfo.

--
Greetings Michael.