Hello everyone,

Here is my setup:

- Gentoo 2007.0, x86;
- a Broadcom BCM4308 rev 3 chipset (PCI card), PCI ID 14e4:4320;
- vanilla 2.6.25 kernel;
- firwmare downloaded and "cut" as instructed on the b43 page at
linuxwireless.org.

The machine on which the card is also has a GBit Ethernet interface,
and serves as a DHCP server. My goal:

- making this card an AP, using hostapd (with the nl80211 driver, I guess);
- including the Ethernet card and the BCM in a bridge setup (it works
already, but no access point yet).

My main gripe right now is that I cannot iwconfig wlan0 mode master.
The b43 page says it doesn't work, lacking proper support in mac80211
and hostapd.

I'm quite a rookie with AP setups. This card otherwise works fine in
managed and ad-hoc mode.

I'm willing to "donate" some of my time answering questions/reading
documentation/testing everything you like.

I have plenty of time right now, so feel free to ask me questions!

Have fun,
--
Francis Galiegue, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"It seems obvious [...] that at least some 'business intelligence'