On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 08:41:54PM -0400, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> Effective throughput is only 1.4MB/s even though the client says it's
> connected at 54Mbp/s.

I have a WRT54GL v1.1 running latest Kamikaze in AP/WPA2 mode without
problems, I am able to transfer at 5.7Mbps from very far and 7.29Mbps
very close with iperf.  Simply amazing!  Kudos to the spec documenters
and to the driver writers!!!

> Any ideas why the softirq is so damn high?

I used to have the same problem with various APs in the place where I
work and it happens to be phisical problems, simply too many IRQs per
second as the card was forcing to much to TX, one case was the antenna
which somebody broke the connector and in other case (presumably) was
that the AP was too close to a big metal structure, when I move it away
to another location the problem went gone.

-otto