Hi,

It seems that I have not received any reply to my original post, so
I'm trying again ;-)

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 1:47 PM, Olivier Fourdan <four...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am experiencing very poor network performance using the b34 module
> with a Broadcom BCM4306 revision 3 (the system is a Compaq HP R3000
> laptop)
>
> The download transfer rate goes from a few bytes to 20Kb/s at max
> whereas it commonly reached 200Kb under Windows or on the other
> laptops in the hose (using Intel chipset under Linux, for example).
> The connection is so unstable that it's causing timeouts during wget
> downloads, and makes that system under Linux basically unusable...
>
> The problem is not exactly new and apparently been reported several
> times on various forums (mostly Ubuntu) though the problem is not
> distro specific (I switched from Ubuntu to Fedora, from x86_64 to i386
> and the problem remains). I checked in the archives and found some
> similar problems but no solution.
>
> The connection is using basic WEP encryption, wpa_supplicant involved.

It should read *no* wpa_supplicant involved

> The router is a Netgear WGR614 v7.
>
>  * uname -a
>  Linux r3000 2.6.27.7-134.fc10.i686 #1 SMP Mon Dec 1 22:42:50 EST
> 2008 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux
>
>  * lspci -vvn|grep 43 -A7
> 02:02.0 0280: 14e4:4320 (rev 03)
>       Subsystem: 103c:12fa
>       Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr-
> Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B- DisINTx-
> <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
>       Latency: 64
>       Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 17
>       Region 0: Memory at e0104000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=8K]
>       Kernel driver in use: b43-pci-bridge
>       Kernel modules: ssb
>
> 02:04.0 0607: 104c:ac54 (rev 01)
>       Subsystem: 103c:006d
>       Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr-
> Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
> <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
>       Latency: 168, Cache Line Size: 128 bytes
>
>  * dmesg
>  (attached)

I should add that I can do testing as needed or report any missing information.

I've tried disabling various options (starting with qos) w/out any
noticeable improvement unfortunately.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance,
Olivier.