Hi

On Monday 15 June 2009, Alexander Monakov wrote:
[...]
> I'm using Asus wl-138g v2 card (4318 chipset) in managed mode with a
> Cisco wireless AP.  I am able to use both ndiswrapper and b43 driver
> with open source firmware.  The ndiswrapper solution has worked fine
> for me for months; b43/openfwwf — not quite so: it tends to
> deauthenticate seconds after associating.
[...]

Are you sure that your "Asus wl-138g v2" really is a "core revision 5"
chipset, which is all OpenFWWF claims to support yet?

At least my own Asus wl-138g v2 indentifies itself as
        b43-phy0: Broadcom 4318 WLAN found (core revision 9)
in dmesg and as such isn't even supposed to be covered by OpenFWWF at all,
yet (yes, it does work with OpenFWWF nevertheless, but with worse
performance and link reliability, but that's to be expected as long as
OpenFWWF doesn't have dedicated support for core revision 9).

Regards
        Stefan Lippers-Hollmann