Mojahed Bhai,

Thanks for your help. 
modprobe does load the es1371 module. Then I have checked with lsmod command 
also.
Then I haved installed the driver with modconf utility.
Now I have understood your question regarding right permission of a user.

After installation, Debian prompts to create a user account besides root 
user. It automatically adds the user in audio group. 
When I have created a new user and run the kde and tried to run a mixer 
application then it gives an error message regarding permission. Then I 
checked the permission of /dev/dsp and /dev/dsp0 and the groups of the new 
user. I found out that /dev/dsp0 has audio as group and the new user is not 
included in the audio group. I added new user in the audio group. Then I 
have been able to run audio applications.

Thank you again.

Ashfaq


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home page
http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/hYOolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

To unsubscribe send a blank mail to:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bdlug/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to