This sage advice from  BD agroforester supreme, Mark Shepard:

     To prevent Deer browsing...

     Take one dozen eggs and mix them into 5 gallons of water. Spray
liberally onto trees. Once dried, it will last a month or so and still be
effective. It's cheap, it's easy, it's organic. On over 80 acres of
permaculture-food trees NOTHING else has worked.

     Bittrex is a nasty, bitter latex-based compound (not approved for
organic production) that worked AFTER the deer ate it.
     Garlic spray only gave my trees an italian (or hippy!) flavor.
     Hot pepper wax didn't work.
     The Weyerhauser company makes a product (I think it's called ro-pel)
that is made from powdered egg.

     Reccomend the egg. Save some trees.
--
Mark L Shepard