>The final numbers should be the ultimate proof. Till I get the numbers I
>should say nothing more but I do not agree to some oppinions that
>have the tendency
>to present Dr Elaine as the only person in the world capable of
>telling you the right
>way of doing things.

Jose - Your tea may be good enough that it doesn't matter if you lose
some of the life in the process of making it. Your tea might be food
enough that when you brew it it does everything that you'd hope a
compost tea to be. My friend Jerry Brunetti is making the best tea
Elaine's NY lab has seen.Why, because he's making his tea from better
compost than Elaine's customers are capable of making.  I imagine
most BD growers have a big edge in making compost tea for the very
same reasons.

All I'm saying is that when we put out a lot of time and money to
save time and money, it makes sense to use a system that's
synergistic and not antagonistic to our goals. People making tea from
weak compost cannot afford to guillotine, shear, plane or pump their
mircrobes to the extent that power compost makers can.

I first met Elaine at ACRES in St Louis in the mid-90's. She'd
already spent a lot of time counting bugs at that point. she's done
an awful lot since then. Given that her opinions are drawn from
direct observation and extensive field experimentation, I'm very open
to take her advice in the realm of her specialty.

-Allan