In reading all the concern about the split between the traditional BD
people and the new BD inventors, I was reminded of the Hixite split in
Quakers around 1872.  (Quakers were started by George Fox as a reaction
to the Church of England  and William Penn settled Pennsylvania before
the Protestant reformation.)  The Reformation was such a strong movement
that many Quakers wanted to change Quaker worship (which is silent
meditation without a minister) to a more Protestant model.  There were
many changes.  It became a major split.  Right now there is a Friends
"Church" in Coeur d'Alene that has a minister and there is the Sandpoint
Friends "Meeting" who are unprogrammed Quakers. Never the twain shall
meet,  but there are some activities we have together on the national
level.

I'm so sorry that people are taking the split personally.  Is it
possible for traditional BD people to not to be threatened by strong
people who have a different way of looking at things , but still are
practicing Biodynamics?  I'm right in the middle of this.  I like being
on this list--the spirituality and getting a lot of information about
BD, but I have spoken with Hugh Courtney for years over the phone and
he's helped me with many things.  Do the two groups entirely diavow the
efficacy of each other's methods?  If you had as a goal harmonizing the
two groups, how could you go about it?  What do the two groups have in
common?  Could you use a mediation process, especially around the issue
of using the name "Biodynamic"?  Could you have two strains of
Biodynamics recognized by under some kind of larger umbrella?  Or does
it take awhile to forgive the hurts and is it proper to establish an
identity with events  like the MidAtlantic Conference and helpful
ongoing things like BDNow?