I don't think we have any big ag farm pesticide problems "up ditch"
from us, but you never know.  We also have a pipe directly to the
river (not viable in low water months) and a deep underground well.
We'll do the best we can.

Do you find using a pendulum useful in your farm work?  Have you used
to check hunches on water, seed and soil quality?  I use one for
checking vitamin supplements but not much else.  After reading how so
many of the list use one I think I'll have to practice dowsing on
food, compost, and other practical matters.  It's been great to
receive inspiration from the list.

Tom

>Probably not a problem in your area, Tom, but you have to watch
>irrigation ditch water as a possible source of highly contaminated
>runoff from your chemically managed neighbors. I read a study a
>while back that California farmers who were trash pumping 'lost
>water' on their off days (water that escaped from other farms and
>was fair game for other growers downstream to use even if it wasnt'
>their water day) were getting up to 3x as much insecticide as the
>maximum recommended dosages. Of course, since these insecticides
>were not 'applied,' it's presence didn't affect subsequent
>applications of more insecticides on the farm.
>
>-Allan

Do you mean East Coast?  Irrigation in the Spanish and pueblo
Southwest of course pre-dates the Mormons by hundreds of years.