Also, Leigh, in your own CSA practice, you make a point of maximizing your contact with the shareholders, delivering food yourself and chatting the folks up rather than delegating that task.

I had to use interns to deliver this season. I just couldn't leave the farm for that long twice a week. Because of the foundation politics, I was stressed by May. It's funny how little empathy farmer stress will invoke inlight of the amount of negativity it can bring out in people.

The 'box scheme' version of CSA, the one tht extension advocates, where crops from various farms are pulled together and delivered to the shareholders would prefer to hire a driver who wasn't associated with ANY of the farms, thereby completing the separation of farmer and consumer. Just like Safeway, eh?

-Allan