The tripod and the wine barrell and the vortex are the
focus of the pictures and accompanying story.  I don't
guess the water carrying information cares if it is the
face of Greg Willis or Lady Galadriel who is staring down
into the vortex... though the thoughts of an Elf Queen
might be more interesting.

Peter Bacchus says he ties a bamboo cane to a tree
branch up above to fashion a stirring pole. That
is an image worth repeating.

The ergonomic stirring effect would be similar to a
pole handing down from a tripod.

Flow forms stirring is appealing for large batches,
if you can afford them or make one yourself.

Steve Diver