In a message dated 5/31/03 3:46:33 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< In Holland lots of BDfarmers have been using preparations over a long
period of time, without ever seeing any results. Some subsequently quit
using them (until recently, use of preparations was not obligotary
according to Dutch Demeter Standards) at all, and others continued using
them without much enthousiasm. Since a lot of these farmers have learnt how
to access the etheric realm in different ways, and actually experienced
results from these actions, they work much more enthousiastically with the
etheric forces on their lands. One can ask oneself if that 'is BD'; it is
not BD in the rigid sense strictly according to what Steiner delivered in
the AgC; in my opinion it is BD because it aims for the same objectives
('develop' the etheric realm, cultivating on an etheric level) and should
be seen as new, free developments of the biodynamic approach of agriculture.

How were these bd preps used???  What is a typical spray regime???  I find it
hard to believe that these things don't work if properly applied.  My sense
for this region is that silica is the dominant preparation needed.  I would
base my whole spray regime on 501.  I imagine that 508, equisetum should also be
a premier spray.  In European biodynamic practice they got into using these
dry compost preps and the biology was too altered and the results were not
there.  Biodynamics is about utilizing all the forces / energies not just the
etheric.  If it were just etheric we would have everything plump and round and too
mushy.  We need the astrality and also is the idea of bringing ego to the farm
individuality and the soil, somewhat liberating soil and plant from the
cosmic events that plants are so dependent on.

Here is a Dutch spray regime I recommend:
start in the Fall:
1.  bc  2.  500/508  3.  501  4.  bc/508  5.  501/508
if time permits repeat before Christmas in readiness for Three King's prep
6Jan:  Spray Three King's preparation.
late winter:  1.  501  2.  bc  3.  500/508/bc  4.  501/508
spring :  repeat
late spring:  repeat.   Milk'n'Honey/501/508/bc spray [attracts beneficial
insects]
early summer:  1.  501  2.  508  3.  bc/500/508  4.  501/508
midsummer:  repeat
late summer:  repeat
early fall:  1.  500/bc/508  2.  501  3.  bc/508  4.  501/508
late fall:  repeat cycle
If you need one, I have stirring machines or you can plug in a UAI
fieldbroadcaster and sit in your "easy-chair"...sstorch