Until I have more time to spare, I'll follow Courtney;s advice to leave the leaves on (I have never had too much activity from a batch.) and Kolisko's recommendation to go anaerobic.

What I'm trying to find out, I guess, is if it is possible for a 'sun tea' of equisetum (whatever the term: made as one would make stinging nettle tea) to be as effective as a boiled tea.

I finally have a good sprayer and I have A LOT of area that needs equisetum regularly.

-Allan