Well Bob,

You know, I was going to unsubscribe tonight but I got
a call from someone who said that you were telling
lies about me on the internet.  Well, I don't know if
you're lying, misrepresenting the truth and facts or
simply don't know the difference.  He said that I
shouldn't leave bdnow with people either believing the
things you say, have people believe that I can't
defend myself or that some little "punk" chased me off
the internet.

Well, I told him that you were not a "punk".  Just
misinformed and you apparently liked to write fiction.
 Of course, I thoroughly chastised him for referring
to you that way.  I won't mention the other things he
called you.  Here.

I appreciate the large print.  We morons always
appreciate it when someone talks down to our level.

I'm going to respond to you in red type so you can
follow what I say.  I'll go slooowly.  Okay?  I'll use
short, understandable words.

First, let me say that I asked a psychologist to
evaluate your email.  She said, "That was demeaning,
mean spirited and downright nasty.  Greg, jealousy is
one of the most dangerous emotions."

Nothing I can add to that.

you and I are competitors and you have no interest
in seeing me succeed at anything,

We are not competitors. I have seldom considered that
I have any competition, as I cannot keep up with the
work that I have and that I am being asked to do.  I
spend most of my time in the field trying to learn and
the other half teaching what I believe.

Well, there you go.  The first inaccuracy.  Just
because you are busy doesn't mean that we aren't
competitors.  This sounds arrogant.   Got any proof?

You may rest in peace that I have no interest in
seeing you fail. Please, do not make accusations such
as this in the future.

I'll rest in peace when I die.  If you are going to
claim to be accurate, I did not write the word "fail".
 I said "succeed".  You must get your facts straight
if you are going to debate me.  It erodes your
credibility.  The fact is, you have no interest in
seeing me succeed, financial or otherwise.

we never met
each other and don't know each other,
You and I met a few years ago at the Farm Bureau
office on Piner road at the talk I gave on soil
health. Mr. Topolos introduced you and let you speak
in his slot.

I had interaction with you at the NC CCOF during your
work with a certain Healdsburg vineyard…remember me
Greg, I was president of NC CCOF and a member of the
certification committee. Remember our little situation
Greg?

No, I guess I wasn't impressed enough to remember.

Ralph Riva, V.P. at Wente in charge
of their vineyards, told me that you were not an
employee of Wente
I did not claim to be an employee of Wente,

There you go again.  You're putting words in my mouth.
 Read what you just wrote.

because I was hired in 1997 and up to current have
been consultant to Mr. Riva  (my long time friend and
ally in change) and Phil Wente for the entire Wente
properties, including Alameda and Monterey Counties,
which includes about 3,000 acres on dozens of
vineyards growing black and white grapes.

Well, I'm happy for you.  Ralph is a wonderful guy.
Never met Phil.  But I was told that he and his
brother say they don't like me.  Did that ever come up
in your close, personal relationship with Phil?  Just
asking.

As I was a long time consultant for Wente when you
approached them….Mr. Riva and I discussed your
program before you were hired. I was in favor of you
being there…as I stated. I also was consultant for
the nearly 150 acres of certified organic that we had
at Livermore at that time. Once again, I was
responsible for, with full assistance of Mr. Riva and
the entire Wente Winery organization, initiating a
compost program, cover crop program, mineralization
program and much other work at Wente prior to your
arrival, on very significant acerage including the
field to which you refer along east road.

So, it is clear that I took the vineyard that you were
working on and made it better.  Thank you for the
compliment.

that the vineyard you mention at
Wente was a 20 acre vineyard of Chardonnay where you
had 10 acres to work on and I had the other 10 acres
to work on.
Like I said Greg, I know her well and had data and
work on this field for many years.

"her"?  What is this, are we talking about ships or
vineyards?  (Wow the thought of having intimate
relations with a vineyard boggles the mind!)

Well then, if you have the data, why is your memory so
faulty?  Didn't you ever read Ralph's comments?

Allow me to quote from a mailing I made on March 6,
1998 in which I quoted your friend and mine, Ralph
Riva, Vice President at Wente Winery, from a statement
he wrote to me, with his permission.

"I am very encouraged by the changes that have
occurred in just four months of practicing Biodynamics
on our Chardonnay vineyard.  The first most noticeable
difference is a reduction of native weed cover in vine
middles.  It is very obvious when comparing Biodynamic
and Sustainable (YOURS) cover crop middles.  Secondly,
the row middles are consistently measuring 2 degrees
F. higher soil temperatures in the Biodynamic vineyard
compared to the sustainable (YOURS).  Last is the
comparison of the nitrogen nodules on the legumes.
The nodules appear to be consistently larger on the
Biodynamically farmed vineyard than the sustainable
vineyard (YOURS) that is used as the control."

I guess right about now you might want to go change
your pants.

Unlike you, I don't make statements I can't back up
with facts.

After almost one year, in Ralph Riva's written
evaluation of the two side-by-side blocks, he noted
that our cover crop was more lush, despite the fact
that it had been driven over several times more than
yours and "healthier" than yours (this, he told me at
the time was in response to your critique of our cover
crop), our canopy was twice the size of yours, our
grape clusters were twice the size, had twice as many
grapes and had twice as many clusters as your side,
and that the soil temperature in the winter was 2
degrees higher on our side when compared to your side
which he said indicated a higher level of soil biotic
activity than your side had, another indicator of
better health.  In short, according to Ralph, our side
was a greater success than your 10 acre block, if it
indeed was your block.
This claim is silly (in my opinion) and is an example
of what appears to be a lack of understanding of
grapevines and the goals of winegrowing in general.
There was no difference in the west or east split that
could be seen at any time of day, in any light in my
opinion. No difference in the fruit was to be found on
the east side compared with the west side. You
apparently do not understand that the vines were
infected with Leaf Roll Virus? That is what was making
the leaves have that odd unhealthy rolled appearance,
Greg. It's a grapevines disease. Your don't even
mention the main problem in that block which was Leaf
Roll Virus Your treatments did not change the vines,
in my opinion.

I think this paragraph was supposed to be in 12 point
bold type.  I'm glad you brought up the problem with
Leafroll Virus.  I almost forgot.  It wasn't the main
problem.  It was one of many.  I started with my
program in the fall and by the next summer, Ralph, his
field manager and I inspected the vines for this
disease.  Ralph remarked how surprised he was that the
presence of Leafroll Virus in my block was 50% less
than the previous year.  As an expert on grape vines,
I am sure you know that Leafroll Virus will cause
grapes to ripen slowly, inconsistently (adverbs end in
'ly') and sometimes, not at all.  Not only did we
reduce the incidence of this disease, but my side
ripened evenly and at the same time.

As for your "silly" little claim that you saw no
difference between the two blocks, the assessment that
the canopy was twice as large, that there were twice
as many grape clusters, that there were twice as many
berries on the clusters and that the soil temperature
on my side was 2 degrees higher in the winter were all
differences that Ralph pointed out to me.  Apparently
he didn't point them out to you.

So.  Who are you calling a liar?  Ralph, or me?   Is
your memory faulty?  Or just inconvenient.

We were
able to save about 80% of the vines,
This is a silly claim, in my opinion. The issue in the
block was ripening, not cluster count, cluster size or
canopy size.

"Silly"?  (I must restrain myself.  Why don't you just
hold a bullseye on your chest?)  Well, I should have
said  "Phylloxerated vines".  My mistake.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.  I think your
responsibilities for 3,000 acres at Wente and the fact
that this occurred seven years ago have clouded your
memory.  Do you drink?  It can cause memory loss, you
know.

Don't you think cluster counts and canopy size are
important?  I thought you were a viticulture expert.
I guess I was wrong.

As for the vines recovering from Phylloxera, I counted
them before and after.  Bought myself a little clicker
counter and walked the entire 10 acre vineyard.  Even
tagged some vines that looked particularly bad.  My
statement is accurate.  Did you count the vines?  Were
you even interested?  Ralph wanted to know how our
Phylloxera treatment worked and if it could be
considered a success.  I had developed a special
treatment just for Phylloxera.  Ralph was very
interested in it and very pleased with the results.  I
taught him the whole system.  I guess he didn't tell
you.

As someone who kept such careful records on this
vineyard, you would know that there were a number of
issues that needed to be addressed.  These included,
but were not limited to:

(1) A Phylloxera infestation
(2) Leafroll Virus
(3) Ripening problems caused by Phylloxera, Leafroll
virus and poor soil management.  (I'm sorry.  In my
professional opinion, this is one of the worst soils
I've ever seen.)
(4) Saving this clone before the entire vineyard was
wiped out under your stewardship
(5) Uneven bud break
(6) Uneven bloom
(7) Uneven veraison
(8) The above stated uneven ripening
(9) Lack of constantly good flavors in the grapes, a
problem related to any number of other problems as
well as an inappropriate cover crop.
(10) The cover crop mix was one of the worst I have
ever seen.

The first thing I did after applying the preps was to
get our cover crop mix planted in place of the
existing one.  Before, among other plants, diakon
radishes and bell beans had been planted.  These are
two of the absolutely worst plants to grow around
winegrape vines.  Both have tremendously negative
effects on the flavor of wine.  We also removed all
the burdock and other smelly plants - plants that also
negatively effect the flavors in wine and which should
have been removed years before.

Do you know anything about how cover crops effect
flavors in winegrapes?  I'm an expert on this subject.

The French are very familiar with this concept.  All
of the plants that grow in and around a vineyard
influence the flavor of the wine and give it its
personality.  It is essential that the cover crop be
made exclusively of plants that are companions, not
antagonists, to winegrapes or you will damage the wine
and the vines.  Anyone who knows this would have
removed the radishes, bell beans, burdock and other
plants.

Here's the rule of thumb.  If it smells a lot, don't
plant it.  It there's too much of one plant, it can
cause wine to be degraded.  Pennyroyal, for example,
might be okay in small amounts but over large areas,
it can be deadly to the wine flavors.

Read my book and you can inform yourself about this
important aspect of cover cropping.  Do you teach it
at Napa Valley College.  (For those who don't know,
it's not a real 4 year college.  It's a junior
college.  I'm not saying that's bad.   Just being
accurate.)

So, those are the facts about Wente.  If you want to
dispute them, I suggest you take it up with Ralph
Riva.
As I have pointed out, what you have stated are not
the facts and Mr. Riva not only provides the budget
under which I work but is a long time friend and we
followed the program that you brought very closely.

Allow me to quote again from a mailing I made on March
6, 1998 in which I quoted Ralph Riva, from a statement
he wrote to me, with his permission.

"I am very encouraged by the changes that have
occurred in just four months of practicing Biodynamics
on our Chardonnay vineyard.  The first most noticeable
difference is a reduction of native weed cover in vine
middles.  It is very obvious when comparing Biodynamic
and Sustainable (YOURS) cover crop middles.  Secondly,
the row middles are consistently measuring 2 degrees
F. higher soil temperatures in the Biodynamic vineyard
compared to the sustainable (YOURS).  Last is the
comparison of the nitrogen nodules on the legumes.
The nodules appear to be consistently larger on the
Biodynamically farmed vineyard than the sustainable
vineyard (YOURS) that is used as the control."

Well.  You needed to follow it more closely.  The
prodigious number of your inaccuracies might lead
someone to believed that you are misstating the facts
(read 'lying') to discredit me on purpose.  You
wouldn't do that, would you?

Let me ask you this.  How is it that on your block,
where there were high tension electrical towers at the
east end, the vines under the electric wires were
stunted?  Weren't you able to increase the size of the
vines, the canopy and the number of clusters under the
wires?  I can do it?  I figured it out years ago.

May I suggest that before you go through the litany of
all the people you think hate me, you talk to Michael
and actually go see his vineyards.  Make an evaluation
for yourself.  Then get back to me
You are misquoting me. I have not expressed, nor would
I ever, suggest that anyone would hate you for the
work you have done.

Please refer to the psychologist's analysis of your
email.  You are "demeaning, mean spirited and
downright nasty" and "jealous".  You're right.
Perhaps "hate" is to strong a word.

However, as you pointed out yourself, there were
(apparently) some "spectacular failures" that you had
a hand in. Greg, I live in Sonoma County. I can see
the Forestville vineyard and the Sonoma Mountain
vineyard from the road just fine.

Yes.  And I freely admit that in the beginning, I made
a lot of mistakes and there were some
misunderstandings between me and several clients.  I
learn from my mistakes.  I had more than a "hand in".
I made some major blunders.  I tried things that no
one ever tried before.

For example, one year, Michael and I attempted to grow
Chardonnay and Napa Gamay without applying sulfur.  We
thought the biodynamic preparations and horn sulfur
would protect the vines.  On this two acre vineyard,
we lost half the crop to powdery mildew that showed up
two weeks before harvest.

I've never told anyone this story.  On another
vineyard (ZD Wines), in a 3.5 acre block of Cabernet
Sauvignon, we applied the preps in the fall, along
with our cover crop mix for red grapes (it's different
for white grapes) and waited for bud break.  This
vineyard had everything wrong.  Old vines, phylloxera,
Eutypa and other fungal diseases, Leafroll and other
viruses, low yields, low quality and so on. About 80%
of the block was planted on rock and the other 20% was
planted over the septic system.   Those vines stayed
green all season without irrigation.  In the spring,
for the first time, I was told by Norm DeLuze, the
vines broke bud uniformly - which is typical of our
vineyards.  (How about yours?)   According to Norm,
the vines produced double the number of flower
clusters compared to the year before.  The cover crop
was so thick that once I almost stepped on a gopher
snake.  Needless to say, Norm's gopher problem
disappeared that year.  We were ecstatic.

But, we soon found out that our optimism was
misplaced.  When we went back just after bloom, fully
half ot the flowers had died.  What happened?  Was it
something we did?  As an expert, you know that
sufficient water during flowering on any crop is
crucial to the success of the yield.  Well, it turned
out that old Norm forgot to turn on the irrigation
system.  I think the only reason he admitted this was
that we could see that all the vines over the septic
tank did not lose any flowers.  At first, he intimated
that the loss of flowers was our fault.  But on
presentation of the evidence, he graciously admitted
that it was entirely his fault.

On another ZD vineyard in the Carneros, we applied a
"save the vines" series of sprays after a late spring
frost.  He only lost about 10% (his estimate, not
mine) of his grapes.  Unfortunately, on another issue
entirely, I recommended to Norm that he apply compost
in the spring and fall.  Never in the summer when it
is too hot, the compost dries up and all the good
bacteria and such die in the sun.  So, Norm spread his
compost on July 11, in 100 degree heat and complained
about it.

All this is bad enough.  But our worst problem was
with the winemaker Robert DeLuze who apparently
considered us competitors or frauds, I don't know, but
he was hyper-critical of everything we did and blamed
us for all the failures (which we had absolutely
nothing to do with).  We learned what every car dealer
knows.  If you don't have husband and wife in
agreement, or the winemaker and vineyard manager in
complete agreement, the whole project is doomed.

Hell, we could improve the wine at Wente
significantly, and Ralph knows it, or any other winery
anywhere for that matter, by the simple (legal)
addition of a few ounces of our homeopathic field
sprays to the wine before bottling.  Wente winemakers
apparently aren't open to new ideas.  Lab tests
performed by ETS Laboratories in St. Helena on red
wine (Claret) show an average 10.5% reduction in
phenols after the simple addition of a few drops of
our remedies to the wine.  You know about phenols,
don't you?  They make up the tannins in wine.  That
means that the tannins are softened. That's - a -
gooood - thing.  It works exactly the same when our
field sprays are applied to grapes.  All three
vineyard managers at Sutter Home agreed that when
compared to the untreated block, the treated side had
softer tannins after treatment.

You got anything like that?

So, we're breaking new ground.  We're learning.  We
get better every year.  And we've done it without any
help from the BDA, Demeter, JPI, Davis or anyone else
other than Michael Topolos.

I would be happy to have my methods and products
Evaluated by the best in the business.
You don't seem to realize that you have already been
evaluated by the best in the business

Whoa!!  Hold the phone!  That's the biggest load of
crap I've ever heard and it is the single most
important reason that I even took the time to reply to
your stupid, vindictive, ignorant, sophomoric, moronic
diatribe.  Name ONE so called "best in the business".

LET ME SAY THAT AGAIN.  THIS IS AN OUT-AND-OUT LIE AND
YOU KNOW IT - OR SHOULD YOU LITTLE RAT BASTARD!

I OUGHT TO SUE YOUR ASS FOR SLANDER!

Three years ago, I all but stopped working with
vineyards other than Michael's because my program was
advancing so rapidly that I could not keep up with it.
 With the addition of the homeopathics three years
ago, and the threatened lawsuit from Demeter for
saying that we were "biodynamic", I backed off
everything until I could reevaluate my system and my
methods.  The system I now have in place
(Agri-Synthesis®, not biodynamics) is in significant
ways much different from what I was doing.  We no
longer use the raw biodynamic preps and this has
changed everything.  The concepts and principles that
underpin our program have been defined and refined.
Entirely new concepts such as "biocomplexity" are the
basis for what we now do.

You don't know what "biocomplexity" is, do you?  How
about the true nature of disease?   The role of fungi,
bacteria and viruses?  How we've been able to cure
vines of every major disease?  How to create an
archetype of a winegrape?  Companion planting and how
the individual plants influence the flavors in wine?
Patterns of energy?  How to design a vineyard using
the Golden Mean and Feng Shui?  How Steiner's remedies
work?  How and why we've eliminated all midseason
pruning, tipping and deleafing?  How we can cause a
pruning wound to heal up overnight?  How we can speed
up or slow down ripening with just a few simple
sprays?  How we can manage a vineyard for only $500
per acre per year, produce 6 to 8 tons of gold medal
grapes on 776 forty year old vines that were slated
for replanting?  How to use compost to influence
flavors in winegrapes?  How to cure vines of disease?

Do I need to go on?  You don't know any of this.  I'm
wasting my time.  That's all.

Neither you nor any "best in the business", who you
refuse to reveal, Sen. Joe McCarthy, know anything
about any of these concepts and since you all don't
know (a) you cannot evaluate my program and (b) you'll
never be as good as you can be - or as good at this as
I now am.

Nobody, other than Michael Topolos, three other
vineyard owners and one consultant (who saw it at our
recent workshop) have even seen my program, let alone
YOU!  And I mean that in the most condescending way.

 and that is why I asked you to come forward with your
success and show us the results, because this has gone
far enough.

THIS HAS GONE FAR ENOUGH?  FAR ENOUGH!  WHAT PLANET TO
YOU LIVE ON?

YOU MADE THESE VICIOUS, UNFOUNDED ACCUSATIONS, WITHOUT
A SHRED OF EVIDENCE AND NO NAMES OF ANY SO-CALLED
"BEST" EXPERT TO SUPPORT ANY OF YOUR CONTENTIONS.  IF
IT WASN'T SO SORRY, IT WOULD BE LAUGHABLE.  I TAKE
THAT BACK.  IT IS LAUGHABLE.  IN FACT, IT'S HILARIOUS!

 You have been evaluated by the best in the business
already and you don't seem to know it. Northern
California has many sensitive and loving souls working
for vines.

Yeah.  And I'm sure every one of them reading this
thinks you're the next Christ you're such a wonderful,
sensitive guy yourself.   Does the phrase "suck up"
mean anything to you?

Listen you little bonehead.  I know there are more
than 20 men and women out there who are sincerely
trying to do a good job and be responsible
environmentalists.  You're just USING them to bolster
your position for attacking me - since you have no
facts or evidence.

(Well.  Let's see.  Um.  I know George Bush.  I guess
that makes me presidential material.)

Every one of them could do a better job with just the
simple addition of our field sprays to their program.
But you wouldn't know anything about that because
you've never used my field sprays nor have you learned
or used my viticulture management program.

You do know that Michael Topolos was named Sonoma
County Environmental Businessman of the Year and other
environmental awards and recognition such as many
television documentaries on his work?

He - credits - our - system - for - making - this -
possible.  Did I go slooow enough for you?

In this debate, you're unarmed.

I can think of 20 men and women who deserve all credit
and have been practicing their craft for 30 years or
more and who are improving wine quality and ecosystem
health every season with the techniques that you seem
to hold as boring or below you.

How would you know?  You have proven beyond any doubt
that you don't know what I think.

For the others enjoying this little tet-a-tet,
AgriSynthesis® is a synthesis of everything good in
agriculture, be it conventional, organic, sustainable,
biodynamic, permaculture or anything else.  I don't
hold the techniques you are apparently referring to as
"boring or below me", you little twit, I embrace them
and have integrated them into my system.

Biodynamic was
still in its infancy
WHAT?

Well, once again.  Your reaction to this is completely
predictable.  It only goes to show that you have no
idea what Steiner did, you are completely ignorant of
the spiritual laws, concepts and principles
underpinning his work and what the potential his
remedies are.  I guess that when I told you that we
use his remedies in our skin care sprays and we've
seen miracles happen.  Went right over your head.  In
the 1930's, when the Koliskos were working on making
homeopathic remedies out of preparations, that was a
step in the right direction - as proven by Peter, Glen
and myself.  So it was that some 70 years later, their
work came to fruition through us.  Steiner himself
encouraged their work, which you would know if you
ever heard of the name "Kolisko".

It is painfully obvious that I know more about
Steiner's work than you will ever know.  Take my word
for it.  We haven't scratched the surface.

While you're at it, how many people do you know who
have actually used our new field sprays?  How many
have you used?
After your "earlier" performances I was thoroughly
convinced not to ever use anything that you produced
and found no compelling reason(s) to.

Yeah?  What "performances"?  Let's hear all the gory
details.  Or are you making this up too.  Methinks you
rely too much on the opinions of others and not enough
on your own capabilities.   That makes you a gossip,
not a scientist.  You probably know a lot about dirt
and how to schmoose clients.  You don't know a sh*t
about Steiner or what I do.

Why didn't you come to Michael
Topolos' and my organic viticulture workshop a few
weeks ago?  You were invited. I haven't seen you on
the organic vineyard tour in Sonoma County.
I was not interested in attending.

Too bad.  You would have learned something and you
wouldn't look so stupid now.

I have seveal clients who have attened previously.
(It's "several".)

To the best of my recollection, the last time I gave a
workshop for the public was over three years ago at
the Topolos Winery.

Do you always rely on the opinions of others instead
of forming your own?  Did you go to college?  Because
in college, you're supposed to learn critical
thinking.  Maybe you missed that lecture?

Over the past many years, I hold one (1) workshop per
month, usually in the field, on the topic of soil
health, disease prevention and wine quality. I teach
the cover crop class at Napa Valley College and am
frequent speaker at state wide and national events. I
sincerely believe that that understanding health, of
the ecosystem, is my job and due to my interest in the
topic I find it fun to speak with those who are
interested to hear and am busy.

Well.  I, for one, am impressed.  What do you know
about cover crops?  Do you understand that it is just
as important to have biodiversity as it is to have
biocomplexity?  Do you know that grasses can cause
vines to get diseased?  Can you list all the major
companion plants for winegrape vines?  What do you
know, anyway?

Well now that I've completed my work in vineyard
management, I'll be hitting the speaking trail too.
Why don't we do lunch sometime?

Frankly, I have little interest (and have found little
value) in the majority of "products" over the years.

Then you're an ignoramus.

 I used to take keen interest and still follow all
products that I can …but it is the use of cultural
practices, compost, cover crops, mineral balance (soil
and plant) and having a heart for life that is 99% of
what it takes to grow quality food and maintain
balance in the ecosystem….not more products, in my
opinion. It's the systematic use of fundamental
techniques, technology, methods and aspiring to
quality and a respect for health and life that counts
most, in my opinion.

There you go again, Bobby.  You don't have a clue what
Steiner's and my remedies do.  Well, let me inform
you.  They set the stage for plants to reach their
zenith, their archetype, their greatest potential.
They overlay patterns of energy into which plants,
minerals, animals and people can grow.  They make it
possible for plants to make the connection to the
Cosmos and God.

I find it very interesting that throughout your
oration, you never mention spiritual science or God.
Do you believe in God.  'Cause if you don't, we can
stop right here.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I
believe that Steiner mentioned God and the spiritual
science in the opening statements of his lectures.
Humm.  I wonder why?

I'll tell you why.  We live in both a spiritual and
physical world.   If you don't understand that, you
don't understand anything.  Steiner learned spiritual
science by studying ancient texts and scripture and
clairvoyantly reading from what I call the Cosmic
Encyclopedia.  He understood it better than anyone
before or since.  What he KNEW was that in order to
explain anything, those who failed to take into
consideration both sciences were only getting half the
story.  That was Steiner's, Burbank's and Carver's
genius  That's another lecture you apparently missed.
Have you ever heard of George Washington Carver?

Sigh.  It's a comment on the human condition I guess,
that the people who are my worst critics don't know
me, have never met me, know nothing about my work and
have never used any of my products or methods.
I have held my tongue for a long time regarding your
claims and many of us who are silent do know you.

You should have held it longer and a lot tighter.  You
have no personal knowledge about what I do, why I do
it or have ever used my field sprays.  You have no
basis to criticize me.  You have no credibility.  And
you think you have no accountability.  You are wrong.

  You have been evaluated Greg…and by the best that
viticulture has to offer here and now.

THAT'S STILL A LOAD OF CRAP AND YOU KNOW IT!

WHO ARE THEY?  NAME NAMES!  YOU LYING LITTLE WEASEL!

You really should detract your claim of being some
sort of expert and that of having done more that
anyone else because it just aint so.

The correct term is "withdraw", not "detract".  Look
it up.  Maybe you are confusing it with "extract" - as
in your foot from your mouth.

Buy my book, try my system, use my field sprays.  Then
get back to me.

I have met you in person. I have listened to some of
your public "performances" such as at the Napa County
Ag Commissioners meeting in Napa on GWSS. I have
followed your work, for several years, both at Wente,
and three other sites….you know them and refer to
them yourself  (but without name) in your reply to my
simple question which was the request to allow us to
know where it is that you have had success.

I should be impressed?  No.  Honored.

I don't do "performances".  I say what I know to be
true.  Do you?

If I understand your answer…it is at Topolos Winery
that is the only location where you have success. Is
that right?

I've listed others.  We have over 1,000 acres that
have employed our system and used our products in the
U.S. and Canada.

It most certainly was not at Wente, nor anyplace else
where I have had the opportunity to walk the fields
where you have worked, to date, in my opinion.

Okay.  Let's take this one step at a time.  I'll go
real slow.   I'm sure you are as tired of reading this
as I am of writing it.

I've proven beyond a reasonable doubt that your memory
of Wente is faulty at best, outright lying at worst.
I've quoted Ralph Riva in DIRECT contradiction to your
statements.  I stated that Ralph Riva made an
evaluation at the end of my term there and his
conclusion was that the side I worked on was better in
every given parameter than the control, which was your
"sustainable" side.  I have it in writing and
published it in a newsletter I wrote six years ago
with his permission.  You can ask Ralph to refresh
your memory. Or you can choke on it.

Once again, Sen. Joe McCarthy, you talk of "walking
fields where I worked" but you refuse to state what
fields, where, when or give any other information that
would lend credibility to your remarks.  You refuse to
state what you saw, what varietals they were, why they
were not up to your standards and who owned them.
You're making it up.

One more time!  Read it and weep!

A quote from a mailing I made on March 6, 1998 in
which I quoted Ralph Riva, from a statement he wrote
to me, with his permission.

"I am very encouraged by the changes that have
occurred in just four months of practicing Biodynamics
on our Chardonnay vineyard.  The first most noticeable
difference is a reduction of native weed cover in vine
middles.  It is very obvious when comparing Biodynamic
and Sustainable (YOURS) cover crop middles.  Secondly,
the row middles are consistently measuring 2 degrees
F. higher soil temperatures in the Biodynamic vineyard
compared to the sustainable (YOURS).  Last is the
comparison of the nitrogen nodules on the legumes.
The nodules appear to be consistently larger on the
Biodynamically farmed vineyard than the sustainable
vineyard (YOURS) that is used as the control."

If this gets me blackballed from bdnow forever, it'll
be worth every minute I put into it, loser.

Greg Willis
Agri-Synthesis®, U.S.
Napa, CA