New Message on BDOTNET

From: Shekhar
Message 1 in Discussion

Hi
All,

am facing serious problem in transaction handling through com+, I have a
transaction which is initiated from VB component1 with property Require
transaction. Now this VB component1 is calling another VB component2 with
transaction property set to Requires new transaction, this component2
executes fallowing stored procedure to get unique id based on
table.

CREATE    PROCEDURE
SP_TXN_ID   (@lngTxnId VARCHAR(20) OUTPUT)AS
BEGIN
begin
transaction
set transaction isolation level serializable
UPDATE
TRANSACTION_ID SET LAST_NO=LAST_NO+1
SELECT @lngTxnId=last_no from
transaction_id
commit transaction
END
GO
SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER OFF

GO
SET ANSI_NULLS ON
GO

After getting uniqueid from VB component2, VB component1 calls VB component3
with property set as Requires transaction. And this VB component3 once again
calls VB component2 to get the another unique id. All these components are
deployed in com+ service, Every connection is opened with SET TRANSACTION
ISOLATION LEVEL READ COMMITTED. VB component2 doesn't have
Interface.

   Problem
is when second time VB component2 is called through VB component3 to get the
unique id, it fails with error "TIME OUT".

Some of the solution I tried are,

-Setting property of VB component2 to not supported, still same
error

-Calling VB component2 through non supported VB component4, still same
error

-Changed the stored procedure and removed serializable level, still same
problem

-When tried to call stored procedure directly from VB component1 and VB
component3 I am able to get the unique ids, a common function is added to common
bas file to call this stored procedure. Since this unique id generation required
in lot of components (500), so I don't want to change all these components to
get this result.

Please let me know why this is giving Time out error when I call it through VB
component2.

Thanks

Shekhar.

To stop getting this e-mail, or change how often it arrives, go to your E-mail
Settings.
http://groups.msn.com/BDotNet/_emailsettings.msnw

Need help? If you've forgotten your password, please go to Passport Member Services.
http://groups.msn.com/_passportredir.msnw?ppmprop=help

For other questions or feedback, go to our Contact Us page.
http://groups.msn.com/contact

If you do not want to receive future e-mail from this MSN group, or if you received
this message by mistake, please click the "Remove" link below. On the pre-addressed
e-mail message that opens, simply click "Send". Your e-mail address will be deleted
from this group's mailing list.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]