On 26/09/13 09:47, 서재필 wrote:
> I'm trying to use Beagle Board for real-time audio-processing.
>
> I bought this one because of these clock speed(1Ghz).
>
> My algorithm running time is about 0.6 ms for one frame in my
> computer(window7, 2.6Ghz Quad-core).
>
> But when I run my algorithm on BB(Angstrom, 1Ghz), it spends about
> 40ms for one frame.
>
> Isn't it ridiculous? Because clock speed defference is just 2 or max 3
> times. But measuring processing speed is not.
>
> Wha'ts wrong with it?
>
> Please let me know I didn't notice something.
>
> I have to running my algorithm in at least 6ms for one frame.
>
> All the best.

For a start, your 2.7GHz Windows machine is _not_ an ARM architecture so
comparing the two is useless. Secondly, processor speed is not linear,
1Ghz is not always worse than 2GHz, and something running in 10seconds
at 1Ghz, will not always run in 5 seconds at 2Ghz.

I suggest you read up processor architectures and understand some of the
basics of CPUs. As for speeding up your algorithm, try using the NEON
instructions available on this ARM chip, however your code will then not
run on Windows PC. I also assume you're using C, and not
Python/Java/Javascript.