Hi,

I need to disable the BBB from booting when usb is connected to the PC. I
have an external supply that powers the BBB as well as other things. I
would like the configuration such that even if a user connects to the BBB
via USB it will not boot until the 5V main power supply is turned on.

Looking at the schematics and SRM I know that the TPS65217C senses the USB
5V on its pin 12 and that there is some registers that control how
the TPS65217C responds to different signals and these registers are written
to via I2C. i just don't know how to do that. The following thread talks
about some commands that can be added to uEnv.txt to write to the
TPS65217C. I just wish there was  more detail on how to do this.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/beagleboard/USB$20power/beagleboard/yNjXHmb1WnA/nlBoqnetbgcJ

Are there easy instructions to modify the registers on the TPS65217C to
disable USB powerup?

hardware: BBB A5C
OS: R. Nelsons' Ubuntu 13.04 (works great!)

Thanks

T.