On 26/09/13 07:24, Mike Langensiepen wrote:
> Apologies in advance if this is in the wrong area
>
> Is there an app or does anyone fancy giving me a price for writing an
> app do to the following:
> Play an ambient audio/video track (whatever format needed)
> On receiving a trigger input switch to playing another specified
> audio/video track
> When 2nd track is finished go back to playing the ambient track.
>
> Tracks would need to be full HD
>
> Thanks
>
> Mike

Hi Mike,

I don't know how far you have gotten along with this but in my opinion
you would be better off using a Raspberry Pi due it's hardware video
decoding capabilities.

I am not sure what you mean by "trigger input switch" but if you mean a
physical switch connected to the device, then this is certainly do-able.

I have done embedded contract work before on both the BeagleBone and
Raspberry Pi hardware, I would be happy to discuss this further with you
if you're looking for a paid solution.

I am a freelance embedded linux contractor on my off hours from my day
job (which is also embedded linux based). If you wish to know more,
please visit my site at http://www.embed.me.uk.

My prices are fair, and relatively cheap compared to full-time
contrators. If we could get the specification nailed down I could give
you a quote. I can also supply a previous client for you to email for a
testemonial if you so wish.

Regards,
Jack.