Does anybody know how to get bootchart working under Ubuntu? I'm running
12.04 precise off an SD card. I have the bootchart deb installed, but
nothing shows up in /var/log/bootchart after reboot. It sounds like I may
need to add something to my u-boot commandline, but I'm not sure what or
how. Some docs for bootchart refer to /sbin/bootchartd, but I think that's
outdated and there's no such thing installed. The Ubuntu package has some
stuff for updating the initrd that looks like it might be supposed to take
care of things automatically, but it doesn't.

The reason I ask is that it takes about two *minutes* for a login prompt to
show up over my ftdi serial line. The console logging from the kernel stops
after about ten seconds, then nothing for a long time, then finally the
prompt comes up.

Thanks,
Dan