> I've connected beagleboneblack to my car power supply with 24V to 5V step
down.

24V "power supply" in a car? If this means you're this from the accessories
circuit, you're doomed. Accessories are turned off while the car is being
started, and a cap won't be enough to power the beaglebone, since they stay
off as long as you're turning the engine. Another problem is, you'll
corrupt the filesystem with an out-of-the-box beaglebone. You'll *have to*
use a read only file system.

You could tie the beaglebone directly to the battery (with a fuse of
course) and use some circuit to monitor when to turn it on and off.