Hi Philip,

A 300 mAh battery is giving us about 10 minutes flight time. We are
thinking about increasing the capacity of the battery. Personally i would
like to reach 30 minutes of flight time. We are evaluating different
brushless combinations of brushless motors/propellers/batteries.

For now wireless communication is through the USB Host port. We're using this
adapter <http://www.edimax.com/en/produce_detail.php?pd_id=347&pl1_id=1>but
there're other choices. We haven't tried interfacing it with Xbee but
if there's a USB adapter it should be pretty straighforward.

Regarding how similar is with the BBB, well as much as the BB to the BBB i
guess. Our design is BB-based.

You suggestion with The
Deck<http://ppolstra.blogspot.it/2012/09/introducing-deck-complete-pentesting.html>seems
 really interesting.