In desperation, I added a printk to capemgr to print out the return value from request_firmware. I get -2 ENOENT, but the file name is in /lib/firmware exactly as printed in the error line. Another thought is that Debian appears to use initrd, whereas I don't think Angstrom does? Could this be the issue? Any ideas would be very welcome.

Thanks,

Dave.