Hi Bogan,

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 5:35 AM, Bogdan Teodorescu <
bogdan.teodore...@quartzmatrix.ro> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I want to use BBB to read serial devices with serial Modbus protocol. Is
> there a library to include in C/C++ code to read/write from serial port
> (actually
>
> USB adapter ttyUSB0), better a Modbus library for the serial port.

I have a C++ SerialPort class in the following files:
https://github.com/dhylands/projects/blob/master/common/SerialPort.h
https://github.com/dhylands/projects/blob/master/common/posix/SerialPort.cpp
https://github.com/dhylands/projects/blob/master/common/mingw/SerialPort.cpp

The file in the posix directory is for linux. The file in the mingw
directory is for win32.

I also have some generic linux serial test code here:
https://github.com/dhylands/projects/tree/master/host/sertest
https://github.com/dhylands/projects/tree/master/host/sertest-select

I've never coded for Modbus, so I don't know if there is missing
functionality or not.

--
Dave Hylands
Shuswap, BC, Canada