On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 7:02 AM, Robert P. J. Day <rpj...@crashcourse.ca> wrote:

>   in an embedded linux class i was teaching last week, the students
> were all using beagle xMs (rev C), and we decided to experiment with
> playing with the LEDs from user space.
>
>   using the LED files under /sys/class/leds worked fine -- changing
> the brightness, trigger and so on. but using this article as a basis:
>
> http://makezine.com/2009/02/03/blinking-leds-with-the-beagle-board/
>
> we simply couldn't control the very same LED via gpio. we followed the
> article, tried changing the LED trigger and so on, but nothing worked.
>
>   can anyone with a BB xM (Rev C) verify whether or not that article
> works for them? let me know which LED you pick, the GPIO pin number
> you use, whether you need to change the trigger, etc. i'm sure i'm
> missing something trivial, i'd just like to figure out what it is.
>
>   p.s. using robert nelson's debian build here:
>
> https://rcn-ee.net/deb/rootfs/wheezy/debian-7.3-console-armhf-2014-01-24.tar.xz

Hey Robert,

With device tree on the beagle/beagle-xm I've only enabled the i2c
functionality on the expansion bus. I need to also enable spidev..

but looking at page 109:
https://github.com/CircuitCo/BeagleBoard-xM-RevC/blob/master/BeagleBoard-xM_revC_SRM.pdf

For the other pins, what pinmux would you want for your class? (should
we enable the other uart?)

Robert Nelson
http://www.rcn-ee.com/