On 07/02/14 14:59, punchpra...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi there I am doing my final year engineering as for my project I am
> trying to regulate emission form a two stroke engine using electronic valve.
> For this I am using a crank position sensor as input to beaglebone and
> using that to open / close a valve in the exhaust port is it technically
> possible to do this with beagle bone?
> specs of sensor:
> within 500 Mhz
> as for operation of valve the BB will send a signal to motor which will
> run the valve.

If you're planning on using Linux then there is no guaranteed latencies.
You may be able to make your 500Mhz 99.999999999% of the time, but it is
not a real time operating system in which you can deterministically say
it will always meet the constraint.

You could investigate using the PRU's on the beaglebone's which can be
programmed and executed in a real time deterministic manner. You could
also use a bare-metal implementation to gain real-time functionality, or
try Xenomai.

So the answer is Yes, and No. More research on your behalf is needed
into the requirements of your specification.

--
  Jack Mitchell (j...@embed.me.uk)
  Embedded Systems Engineer