On 09/03/2014 15:41, Gibson Justian wrote:
Hi,
           I am new in using the Eclipse IDE and the Beaglebone Black. I
run a debian distribution in the beaglebone black (built from Robert C
Nelson's git )and the host machine is the debian gnu linux in Vmware ,
apparently the application is  cross compiled with  arm-linux-gnueabihf
using the linaro toolchain. I have written a sample C/C++ code to flash
the user  led3 and it works perfectly.

Problem:

1). How to debug the code using the FTDI cable as suggested in the SRM
and I intend to use a gdb debugger along with eclipse to step-in the
program and see how it works.

Has anyone succeeded in setting up the debug environment in eclipse
especially with the beaglebone black using the FTDI cable.

Thanking you,
Gibson.J

If you want to debug remotely then the easiest way to do it is through the ethernet connection and using gdbserver. There are plenty of tutorials online about how to do this.

Once you have figured out how to start and connect to gdbserver, then I would progress onto getting it working in eclipse, that is a bit harder and requires some eclipse specific knowledge, again there will be tutorials online if you search google.

Good Luck!
Jack.