On Friday, March 21, 2014 10:02:38 AM UTC+11, Gerald wrote:

> I would try the Debian version and see how it works for you. If something
> is missing, you can ask an maybe it can get added.
>
> http://beagleboard.org/latest-images
>
> BTW, Ubuntu is based on Debian.
>
> Gerald
>

> Thanks,

 Looks like more things to learn and more problems to solve and I though I
can go to the movies on weekend.
I need GUI for webcam and from what I see so far I need to install it
myself for Ubuntu - so far it boots but no GUI
With a Debian image taken from the link provided I have the error:
"Openbox Syntax Error.
One or more XML..
Start tag expected '<' Not found"
Nothing happens after that.