On Friday, March 21, 2014 8:24:50 AM UTC-6, cwrse...@gmail.com wrote:

> Okay, I'm officially confused.  I've been trying to increase the speed
> of my BBB from the default 550MHz to 1GHz, and failing;

 How are you measuring the CPU frequency?

I have noticed that cpufreq-info gives different answers depending upon the
arguments. With no arguments mine always returns 300 MHz when running with
the 300 1000 ondemand governor. If I use the "cpufreq-info -f" command I
get the same results, always 300 MHz, both at idle and under load. If I use
the "sudo cpufreq-info -w" command, I get 300 MHz at idle and 1000 MHz
under load. The -w option reads the frequency from the hardware and
requires root privledges.

HTH
Dennis Cote