Version 6.00 of the TI Sitara SDK supports(*) the BBB:

http://www.ti.com/tool/linuxezsdk-sitara

It allows you to cross compile the TI kernel. Note that you need a serial
connection to access the console (an FTDI cable probably is the best
choice). I couldn't get the network based boot to work, but creating an SD
card with the TI root file system and the TI kernel on it was successful
after some trial and error. I only tried USB, so I don't know if the rest
of the BBB hardware works with this kernel.

(*) There still seem to be some rough edges with respect to the BBB