mickeyf <mic...@thesweetoasis.com> wrote:
> [-- text/plain, encoding 7bit, charset: UTF-8, 89 lines --]
>
> Using RCN's 13.10
>
> I know there was some discussion of related issues quite a while ago, but
> I'm not finding an answer. The servers listed are all the ones in
> /etc/ntp.conf.
>
> Unless I set the date manually the BBB thinks it's Feb. after any reboot.
> What might I be missing?

I think it's basically because ntpdate tries to connect to the NTP
servers before the BBB has got its ethernet up and running using DHCP.

On my BBB running Ubuntu 13.10 I saw the same errors in syslog but I
installed ntp (or was it ntpd) in addition and it seems to be able to
get the right time now - though there are still errors in syslog after
boot where ntpdate and ntp can't find the ntp servers.

--
Chris Green
ยท