David,
If you are running an image with a Debian root filesystem this should work
no problems. I don't think that the QT4 built  in the Debian apt-get  armhf
repos was built with the -qws and -linuxfb options. As such it should only
work with X11. But I could be wrong as I can't quite confirm it.

I use the demo image available here..http://elinux.org/BeagleBoardDebian. I
always used it...never really bothered with angstrom even with the older
Beaglebone white. This image is headless and somewhat barebones. I also
really like the new official Debian release
http://beagleboard.org/latest-images. It comes with LXDE which is a very
good desktop environment for the BBB..... and........NodeJs......yuck!