The beaglebone had a power up issue. Rev A6A fixed it:

>From the wiki<http://www.elinux.org/Beagleboard:BeagleBoneBlack#Revision_A6A>
:  "Changed C24 to a 2.2uF capacitor. This extends the reset signal to
solve an issue where some boards would not boot on power up."

I have around 40 beaglebones running and this was a pretty serious problem
for us. Our users guides have a somewhat embarrassing "If the board doesn't
boot, unplug the power and wait 10 seconds." I have around 20 Rev. B
boards, and I haven't seen one fail to power up.

You could always rework the board yourself! :D