On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 7:53 PM,  <michael.du...@gmail.com> wrote:
> RobertCNelson:
>
> I am running 2014-05-14 debian (flasher), and I can reliably generate a
> kernel null pointer dereference using no more than
> /sys/devices/bone_capemgr.*/slots and /lib/firmware/BB-SPIDEV1-00A0.dtbo.

Yes and No... You got a null pointer dereference when you "unloaded a
cape", which is a long time old known issue. The "only" way to
properly unload a cape is to reboot with the v3.8.x based kernel.

> Any interest?  If so, please see:
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/beaglebone/RpozbQ0gGH0

Ah, i see. So you guys are on the "other" forum, if you would have
searched the main one (this one) you would have seen this old issue
discussed a few times over the last year.

Robert Nelson
http://www.rcn-ee.com/