I should also add as a constant tinkerer, I have noticed that apt-get
remove / autoremove --purge will *not* completely remove all deps. Perhaps
aptitude does a better job, but personally I prefer to use only one package
manager Although I think that aptitude is basically just an extension of
APT. A very good one fom what I understand though.

If you're really anal about what is installed on your headless ( whatever
), it would be best to use Robert's barefs image, and install only what you
want.